An Informative Guide to Enhance your Culinary Experience
A blender is a nifty kitchen appliance. This appliance would not only enhance your culinary potential but it would also be a powerful addition to your kitchen arsenal. These countertop tools are much more than just smoothie makers. Blenders can be used to make soup, dips, spreads, and even burgers.
There are various sizes, settings, and blade types available in blenders that can be intimidating for some people. In this article, we'll explore how to make the most out of your blender.
Difference between Blender & Food Processor
First thing first, the biggest difference between these two appliances is the job they are designed to do. As the name indicates, blenders are designed to pulverize, mix and blend ingredients. Food processors are more suited to chopping and shredding due to their bigger blade size. On the other hand, blenders have super sharp blades to create smooth and creamy food products. Hence, you should stay clear of making smoothies and other beverages in a food processor.
Right Way to Use a Blender
Blenders have several parts like cup, lid, temper, and lid plug. The base of the blender has all the controls and it plugs into an electric outlet. Here’s how to use your blender in a few easy steps:
- Cut down the solid food into small pieces.
- Make sure the lid is secure before using the machine.
- Start the blender at low speed and then speed-up a little according to your needs.
- Do not leave the blender unattended while using it.
- If you are to add some liquid while using the blender, keep a towel as splattering may occur.
- Do not fill the jar – leave some space for expansion.
- If there are some air bubbles, use a spatula to stir the mixture.
- If the cup becomes warm during blending, take a little break and let the blender rest before you start it again.
What Not to Do While Blending
- Try not to use a blender for grinding meat like beef or making mashed potatoes. Kneading dough is also not recommended as it can damage the blades of your blender.
- Do not extract juice from fruits and vegetables without the proper setting.
In short, do not use your blender for solid food items because they will most likely overheat your blender. Try to use a food processor or heavy-duty appliances for these types of food items.
Advantages of using a Blender
- Healthy Meals – you can use your blender to make healthier meals out of vegetables and meat. Fruits and nuts can be broken down to make delicious recipes.
- Speed – blender is a speedy way to make smoothies for your breakfast. Just put in the ingredients, press the buttons, and voila!
- Flexibility – you can make drinks, appetizers, sauces, and snacks using your blender. They have multiple settings to cater to your every need.
Useful Tips for Cleaning & Maintenance of a Blender
Proper cleaning and maintenance of your blender can prolong your blender’s life. You need to carefully remove all the parts and discard any pulp you have on any of the parts. Use warm water to thoroughly clean and rinse. Use dish soap and a damp sponge. A useful tip is to clean your blender right away after using it.
These are some of the useful tips you can use to get the most out of your blender. If you are looking to buy a blender, Reason has the best 3 in 1 blender & juicer to facilitate all your needs.